CMSP Professional Certifications
The Certified Modeling and Simulation Professional (CMSP) designation is an industry certification established by the National Training and Simulation Association (NTSA) to recognize the knowledge, skills, and expertise of modeling and simulation (M&S) professionals and promote education and experience standards. The CMSP designation includes three levels of competency: Apprentice, Practitioner, and Master.
CMSP Master Level
The CMSP Master level certification recognizes M&S professionals who have attained a deep understanding of complex M&S principles and practices. CMSP Masters have a combination of education and experience that enables them to possess clear expertise in at least two M&S application areas and an in-depth understanding of most other M&S areas.
The CMSP Master level certification is designed for M&S professionals who have a demonstrated understanding of the M&S body of knowledge and its application in a variety of contexts. CMSP Masters possess the capability to plan and execute short- and long-term M&S projects, design and implement complex and sophisticated models, conduct advanced research, communicate findings, and expand the application of M&S into new domains.
Master Education and Work Experience Requirements
Associate Degree and Fifteen Years of Work Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and Twelve Years of Work Experience
Master’s Degree and Nine Years of Work Experience
Doctorate and Seven Years of Work Experience
M&S Professional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities at the Master level
- Ability to independently plan and lead complex M&S technical projects.
- Ability to conduct research broadly applicable to M&S.
- Ability to convey the level of confidence and/or risk associated with M&S-based findings.
- Capability to derive and specify high level and detailed requirements with measurable acceptability criteria.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the most current and up-and-coming technologies and methods related to M&S systems, including visualization, virtual and augmented reality, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of general M&S concepts and broadly applicable methods.
- Demonstrated ability to present M&S designs, implementation architectures, and results to other M&S professionals and to senior leaders.