As we continue taking important steps to provide for the health and safety of our attendees, we ask that you review our COVID-19 information and policies below. By registering for this event you agree to adhere to the below policies to sustain a healthy and safe environment for our attendees. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. Any and all private health and personal data will be treated with confidentiality and sensitivity.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and spreads mainly from person-to-person contact, the National Training & Simulation Association (NTSA) has adopted preventative measures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus at its conferences and events in accordance with guidance published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for events and gatherings, in coordination with event host properties. NTSA will comply with all applicable requirements imposed by state, provincial, and local health authorities for the locality in which the conference or event takes place. However, NTSA cannot guarantee that conference attendees will not become infected with COVID-19.
Individuals who fall within either of the categories listed below should not attend NTSA conferences or events:
- Individuals who are experiencing, or within the 14 days prior to the conference or event have experienced, symptoms associated with COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
Conference and event attendees should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are asked to contact NTSA at NTSA_events@ndia.org if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in a NTSA conference or event.
Attendees should wear masks during the STCF in accordance with the most updated guidance from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention:
Guidance for People Fully Vaccinated: To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
Guidance for People not Fully Vaccinated: If you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you must wear a mask that covers the nose, mouth, and chin.
RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Attendees at NTSA conferences and events will be required to confirm agreement with the following Release and Assumption of Risk:
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE NATIONAL TRAINING & SIMULATION ASSOCIATION AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (“RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE OR EVENT.
I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation at the Simulation & Training Community Forum includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties.
- I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with the NTSA Simulation & Training Community Forum including any injury, harm, or loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
Will STCF provide masks if I forget mine?
We would like you to ensure that you have your own masks for your personal comfort and safety. NTSA will make disposable masks available at registration in limited quantities.
Will STCF provide hand sanitizer stations?
The Holiday Inn Dayton/Fairborn will provide hand sanitizing stations that will be dispersed around the conference space.
Will you be taking temperatures or other pre-screening methods to determine the health of attendees before they enter the hotel?
The Holiday Inn Dayton/Fairborn does not require temperature or pre-screening methods before entering the hotel.
If I am running a fever and not allowed entrance, will I receive a refund of my conference fee?
It is our goal to provide a safe and healthy environment for all participants at STCF. Any attendee who is not able to attend due to illness will have their registration fees refunded, less a $75 processing fee.
What is the nearest hospital should I need medical assistance?
If you need medical attention, the nearest hospital from the Holiday Inn Dayton/Fairborn is:
Soin Medical Center – Kettering Health
3535 Pentagon Blvd.
Beavercreek, Ohio 45431