As we continue taking important steps to provide for the health and safety of our attendees, we ask that you review our COVID-19 information and policies below. By registering for this event, you agree to adhere to the below policies to sustain a healthy and safe environment for our attendees. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. Any and all private health and personal data will be treated with confidentiality and sensitivity.
Given the extraordinary nature of the current COVID-19 pandemic, in order to provide for the health and safety of all conference attendees and staff, NTSA will require the following Attendance Policy be adhered to when attending MODSIM World.
All attendees must submit vaccination status via the registration portal, and will be required to show vaccination card onsite.
If an attendee chooses not to respond or is not fully vaccinated, the attendee must comply with the following protocols in order to attend MODSIM World 2022:
- Provide proof of negative COVID-19 test within three (3) days of arrival.
- NTSA will accept Rapid Antigen, Rapid or Regular PCR, and self-administered Abbott Laboratories BINAXNOW tests with results shown in the companion NAVICA app. Proof of antibodies will not be accepted.
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Novavax, AstraZeneca-SK Bio) or 14 days after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).
- 14 days after you received two doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.
If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated. Please check before traveling (internationally) to the USA for any travel restrictions related to vaccine types.
Consistent to CDC guidelines, masks are optional in areas of low transmission for fully vaccinated individuals. Norfolk transmission levels are low and masks will be optional at MODSIM World 2022 at this time for all attendees, including fully vaccinated and non-vaccinated attendees. If transmission levels should change, we will update attendance information via this page and through email communication to all registered attendees.
- Learn more about CDC mask guidelines here (Your Guide to Masks | CDC).
COVID-19 Safety Information
Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and spreads mainly from person-to-person contact, the National Training & Simulation Association (NTSA) has adopted preventative measures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus at its conferences and gatherings, in coordination with event host properties. NTSA will comply with all applicable requirements imposed by state, provincial, and local health authorities for the locality in which the conference or event takes place. However, NTSA cannot guarantee that conference attendees will not become infected with COVID-19.
Individuals who fall within either of the categories listed below should not attend NTSA conferences or events:
- Individuals who are experiencing, or within the 14 days prior to the conference or event have experienced, symptoms associated with COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
Conference and event attendees should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are asked to contact NTSA at NTSA_events@ndia.org if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in a NTSA conference or event.
Release and Assumption of Risk
Attendees at NTSA conferences and events will be required to confirm agreement with the following:
I hereby release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against the national training & simulation association and its affiliated partners and sponsors, including in each case, without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, and agents (“released parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the released parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, or loss or damage to property, which i, my heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may hereinafter accrue on my behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from my participation in the conference or event.
I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation at MODSIM World 2022 includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties.
- I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with the NTSA MODSIM World conference including any injury, harm, or loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.